Kent Weight loss Surgery
I would like to help you with your journey for weight loss surgery and make it safe, less stressful and optimistic. I would like you to feel well supported and looked after throughout all parts of the journey.
Your pre-operative consultation, pre-assessment, operation and post-operative care will all be delivered in one hospital. This hospital is an accredited bariatric centre of excellence and has been doing weight loss surgery for more than 15 years.
All the nursing staff on the wards and in theatre are trained in bariatric surgery as are the staff in outpatients.
The doctors who will deal with you are specialist bariatric doctors. These include surgeons and anesthetists and we have a whole team of respiratory physicians, gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, cardiologists, radiologists. physiotherapist and psychiatrists.
All parts of your journey will be monitored, documented and monitored as this is an essential requirement for all Bariatric centers of excellence.
Support Group Meeting
We have monthly successful support group meeting basically every second Friday of the month 6 - 8 pm.
You are welcome to join us. You will listen to a talk from different health professionals on Obesity related subject also it will be great opportunity to meet people who had weight loss surgery before or thinking of having it.
It is a useful patient educational forum and the feedback had always been good
One patient died of a fat embolism which was basically an unpreventable death.
Our complication rates are
1 Gastrointestinal leak
3 Gastrointestinal strictures
1 Bleeding required further surgery
2 Respiratory complications
0 Clinical deep vein thromboses
1) www.noo.org.uk - Bariatric Surgery for Obesity: National Obesity Observatory
2) www.lapbandaustralia.com.au - The Centre for Bariatric Surgery
3) www.ossanz.com.au - Obesity Surgery Society of Australia & New Zealand
4) www.bomss.org.uk - British Obesity & Metabolic Surgery Society
5) www.ifso.com - International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity Disorders
6) www. nice.irg.uk - The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
7) www.sobauk.co.uk - Specialists in Obesity and Bariatric Anaesthesia
8) www.core.monash.org - Centre for Obesity Research and Education
9) www.diabetes.org.uk - Diabetes UK
10) www.bospauk.org - British Obesity Surgery Patients Association
11) www.obesitymedicine.org - Obesity Medicine Association
12) www.ncepod.org.uk - National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome & Death
13) https://samba.org - American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
14) www.ifso-ec.com - IFSO European Chapter
15) www.idf.org - International Diabetes Federation
16) www.nbsr.co.uk - National Bariatric Surgery Registry